My Life in Munich

With the New Year comes a new world - living in a foreign country. Who knows how long we'll be here - hopefully long enough for me to learn some German and see a lot of Europe.




Tuesday 12 January 2010

Lots of Snow

I know that for many people, snow is just a part of winter. But for an Aussie like me, snow is a rarity. The weather people did threaten us with a blizzard over the weekend, which didn't eventuate here in Munich. But we have had snow falling all day yesterday and now again this morning, so we have a lovely blanket of snow now, about 10cm deep.


The view from our balcony.


The pedestrian mall across the road - view from the balcony on the other side of the apartment.


Me - out and about in my new snow gear!


My footprint in the snow. Just because I could.


It's so cold any water left out will freeze!


Just like 'real' Christmas trees should look. Some little fir trees in next doors yard.


Not our car - but what happens If you park on the curb overnight.


And you shouldn't leave your bike out, either!


The friendly neighbourhood snow plough. These guys are out every few hours when it snows heavily, like yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment